Thursday, February 25, 2016

Spice it up. Not your regular watermelon soju

As most of my friend know, I am somewhat of an alcohol fanatic. I also want to experiment with cocktails but haven't stock up enough in my liquor cabinet to do that. But this cocktail I tried in Hong Kong was not a difficult mix at all.
Watermelon soju has been a popular thing among my friends especially during summer months. This cocktail is let's say a more complex version of it, flavor wise.

I don't really like to measure when it comes to alcohol. Be more free spirited and taste test while mixing it.

Ingredients:
watermelon juice (I used one mini watermelon and blend everything)
vodka/ soju
fresh lime juice
lemongrass (i didn't have fresh lemongrass so I used frozen ground lemongrass)
honey syrup
thai chili

With half of the watermelon juice, I mixed 2 shots of vodka, half a lime, a tsp of lemongrass, a squirt of honey syrup and half a thai chili.
Everyone likes this drink differently so you are in control of your own drink. Cheers and have a sweet hot spicy night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment